Friday 6 April 2018

Hunting And Fishing Competition 2018

On Easter Weekend there was a Hunting and Fishing Competition. We were asked to write about it but some people didn't go to it so we had to think about what it was like and I didn't go to it so I had to think with the help of photos. We wrote a description about it using present tense and vivid words. Another thing we were working on was to zoom in on our writing and add detail. Here is mine.

Hunting and Fishing
Making my way to the Hunting and Fishing Competition for the first time, I can’t wait. I already feel disgusted by all the dried blood and wounds the poor animals had to go through when they got shot. I  notice a tent that has driven everybody’s attention. I power walk over there trying not to be suspicious. I hear talking get all of a sudden louder. I try to push my way to the front but it is difficult because everyone is crammed in a small space.

After half an hour of just walking around I find some very disgusting dead hares, goats, deers, fish, and some eels that are alive. When I go to feel them the eels are slimy and slippery just like a squishy toy. I really am not a fan of eels because they are slippery and slimy. (I am also a little scared of them like they are going to bite me.) I notice a big red truck that has all of the deers hanging by their hooves and there is a big blue tractor. I am all of a sudden very interested in what is happening here. I think the tractor is lifting the deer and putting them on the truck. After three hours I get bored so I go home.

In my opinion I would like to go to the Hunting and Fishing Competition again, and maybe next year I will enter the competition. I think the point of the Hunting and Fishing competition is to lower the population of the pests in the area.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.