Tuesday 20 March 2018

Cycling: A Sporting Moment In Time

A couple of weeks ago in room five we had safe cycling with Constable Joss. We have been learning how to use present tense in description form. Constable Joss taught us how to be safe when riding on the road. He showed us the actions for turning left and right and stopping.





Finally! We have finished the safety part of our cycling session with Constable Joss, now we can get into some real action, YEAH! I’m whizzing through the course at lighting speed. I can feel my bike wheels start to lift off into the atmosphere. I hit the jump and I think, “I believe I can fly,”  and before you know it I’ve hit the ground, and I’m just about to hit the other ramp, but I have to stop because Constable Joss is fixing the ramp.


I pull the brakes and have to STOP! Then i’m ready to go again around the turn trying not to spin-out, criss crossing around the cones over the bumpy ladder, then stop. Waiting for my turn, waiting, waiting even more waiting and a little bit of chatter. Finally, it’s my turn, I go round the turn, up the ramp, round another turn, up another ramp, a little bit of criss-cross, then over the bumpy ladder, then it’s over again.

I bump into everyone and crash my bike left and right, which is very difficult to avoid doing. I can hear the people who are just finishing their lap going “that was so fun! I can’t wait to do that again!”. Just a couple of bikes to go “I FEEL LIKE A SUPERSTAR” criss-crossing, turning the corner, speeding up the ramp, around another turn, up another ramp, around another turn, criss-crossing, wobbling on the ladder sounding like the bike is going to break then stop. That was fun and I can’t wait to do it again.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Blake I just read your story about cycling and it is very interesting. I like how you included present tense and made your writing very descriptive. I read over it twice and there is no past tense so you done a good job with your present tense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayden for the kind thoughtful comment. I might check out your blog.

      Delete
  2. Hey Blake I like your story about cycling. I read it over and it is in present tense. I like how much detailed you put in it good job.

    sincerely Andrew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andrew, thanks for the kind, thoughtful comment.
      Sincerely
      Blake

      Delete
  3. Hi Blake, It's Deakyn here from Awahono School. I really like your Cycling post, it is amazing. Maybe next time check the first part of your first paragraph because you could've added in a full stop in there. I like this post because you explained what you were doing and it made me feel like I was actually there (even though I was.) I also liked it because you completed your goal of using present tense. I hope I can see more posts like this because this was amazing. Please visit my blog sometime and comment on some of my stuff that I have.
    Kind Regards
    Deakyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Deakyn thanks for the comment, I will be sure to check out your blog and post a comment on it.
      Kind Regards
      Blake

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.