Wednesday 18 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey Day One Activity 3

For this activity you have to get a charity that you are interested in. For my case I'm interested in #TeamTrees. Mr Beast and Mark Rober plus the you tube community have made a fundraiser to plant trees. Every dollar is one tree and their goal is to reach 20 million dollars. The reason they started was to celebrate Mr Beast's 20 million subscribers on Youtube while help the environment that little bit. As of the time of posting this they have raised 19,152,430. The fundraiser ends on January 1st. The reason I'm interested in this is because the're helping the environment.



 https://teamtrees.org/  <---  this is the link to the fundraiser.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Blake
    I had never heard of this charity before you mentioned it. Do you think they will start it up again after the 1st of January?
    Keep up the great work
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Blake,

    What an awesome charity to get behind! They sound like pretty cool youtubers. Do you like watching youtube videos, or have you only just discovered them? I am passionate about the environment too. Did you know some researchers believe that planting trees is the most effective solution for tackling climate change?

    20 million is a lot of trees! But it looks like they are really close to reaching their goal. I wonder how many trees we have here in New Zealand.

    Thanks for sharing your charity that you are interested in, and for providing a link too! I think I will donate some money to help plant some trees now :)

    Beren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi blake it's me lochie I did mine on team trees two

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.