Friday 17 August 2018

The Plastic Toy Shop

In room five for topic we have been learning about plastic. We were given a picture to look a and it looked like a toy shop. We had to write a story about what it would be like if we were to go to that shop and look around in it. Here it is. 






The plastic toy shop

As I walk into the store it feels as if the whole structure of the shop is being held together with plastic stuff. Plastic soldiers, plastic planes, plastic Doras, plastic guns and much, much, more are packed on the shelves, top to bottom. The Doras are freaking me out with their eyes that stare deeper and deeper into my eyes and worst of all they NEVER BLINK…
I’m trying to choose my toy but all the typing from the keyboard sounds like they are having a spending spree typing all their details. It is getting on my nerves. Thinking about all the plastic and how it is going to get thrown away at some point makes me sad because all of the animals will die by mistaking it as food.
The colours are blinding me: neon colours of fresh toys from the factory. Gaudy colours are creating an impact that I have never seen before like it is melting my eyes until they pop out of my head.
Stealthily I walk around the shop trying not to wake up the person who is sleeping on the counter. I notice that there a loads of rip off nerf guns and there are loads and I mean LOADS of guns on the wall.

THIS SHOP NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN OR CALM DOWN ON ALL OF THE PLASTIC THAT THEY HAVE IN THE SHOP.

2 comments:

  1. Hi this is Koda from Kawakawa primary school. I saw your comment on my blog an I fixed it, that is why I´m here. Your work is awesome you have lots of writing, I also would say that at one point the plastic would be thrown away and kill animals. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment I just went to check your blog and you have fixed it. Well Done! Thank you for the kind comment.

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.