Friday 31 August 2018

The Plastic Ocean

In room five we have done another story about plastic a bit like the plastic toy shop writing. Our goal was to write in present tense and make sure our sentences have detail.. We had to pretend that we were working at the place or being a visitor. The picture we got this writing from will be below. We had to use sights, sounds, smells, feelings and sensations. Here is mine. 














Website

The Plastic Ocean

As I walk across the bridge I notice that there are lots of crunching sounds so I glance over and see that there are loads of bottles like the height of mini Mt Everest. I spot some people who look like they are in plastic land. I think to myself that would be so boring if I was doing that. I decide to go and have a look down there and straight away I see huge sacks are placed under the bridge packed to the brim with plastic bottles all shapes and sizes. 


The plastic is the depth of a girls knees and looks as if it is an ocean built by plastic. I spot the mother of the kid and see she’s holding a knife. A big whiff of dusty air splashes into my face like I am at a water park and a ride just finishes and water goes everywhere. A lady looks like she is cutting the tags off and putting them in baskets. I feel sad for them… Then a guy walks up to me and says, “Eh man you’re trespassing” says the guy. From what I can see is that everyone there looks depressed mainly because they probably have a low pay job. As I walk away I think to myself “how many of these are there in the world?” because this plastic junkyard is not healthy for the environment.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Blake, it's me, Lachlan from Awahono School. I really like some of the words that you used like trespassing,junkyard and depressed.I think you should make the writing a bit bigger because it is a bit hard to see.
    Kind regards
    Lachlan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blake, it's me, Emelio. I am a student in Manukau. I really liked how you used words like trespassing,junkyard and depressed to describe the rubbish. Come and check out my blog at http://wpsemeliot.blogspot.com/2017/03/welcome.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.