Tuesday 9 January 2018

Crossing The Tasman

summer learning journey wk 2 bonus activity day 2

Crossing the Tasman

We just took off 
        already things have gone wrong
 the radio broke and it is raining so hard               
                          We've been in the plane for 6 hours now
we can't see out of our windscreen because the ice has frozen over 
                              were in trouble
                 i'm freaking out 
we are currently going east 
           I hope that we are nearly there 
      We have now been in the sky for 13 hours 
                 I'm so tired and want to go to sleep
 we have escaped the storm 
              we can see the ground
                      5 4 3 2 1 we've landed!
 it is so good to be back on the ground.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Blake

    Wow! I really enjoyed reading your poem that you have written. I almost felt like I was there in the plane.
    It must have been quite a journey back then when it took so much time. It would feel longer too if the weather was really bad. Also very scary as it isn't much fun flying through bad weather.
    I don't really like flying when its bumpy. How about you?
    Have you been on a plane? If so was it bumpy?
    Today if you were flying to Australia its more of a treat than anything else. You hop on board have something to eat and maybe watch a movie. Pretty easy really!! Much different.

    Well done Blake you have put a lot of imagination into this activity.
    Keep blogging

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blake!

    My name is Ellee and I am another part of the Summer Learning Journey crew that is blogging with you this summer!

    What a cool poem, I liked the wavy writing, it looks really effective! I feel like it matches the poem well with all the crazy weather they experienced.
    Allie is right, if you fly to Australia now it is so easy! I flew over there for Christmas to see my family and I managed to get through a whole TV series by the time I returned home.

    I like to imagine how wonderful it must have felt landing safely after that flight! I wonder what the first thing they did was?
    I think I would be kissing the ground, then heading off to have a huge meal with my family and finally snuggle up into my bed for the longest sleep! What would you do?

    Keep up the awesome work with your Blog Blake!
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.